Friday 27 February 2015

TALK TIME: Lets Start The Show


It's time for talks and discussions on the Let's Talk show...We are Katherine and Gbenga...good evening and welcome. How was your day?
We start discussions with words from the presidential candidate Rtd Gen. Muhammadu Buhari:


"I CANNOT CHANGE THE PAST BUT I CAN CHANGE THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE" - GMB

'I have heard and read references to me as a former dictator in many respected British newspapers including the well regarded Economist.

Let me say without sounding defensive that dictatorship goes with military rule, though some might be less dictatorial than others. I take responsibility for whatever happened under my watch'.

'I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future. So before you is a former military ruler and a converted democrat who is ready to operate under democratic norms and is subjecting himself to the rigors of democratic elections for the fourth time'.

You may ask: Why is he doing this? This is a question I ask myself all the time too.

And here is my humble answer: because the work of making Nigeria great is not yet done, because I still believe that change is possible, this time through the ballot, and most importantly, because I still have the capacity and the passion to dream and work for a Nigeria that will be respected again in the comity of nations and that all Nigerians will be proud of..

Do you believe him? Let's start the show....

No comments:

Post a Comment