Wednesday 21 October 2015

Too Bad...10 Year Old Girl Admit How Her Mother Introduced Her Into Stealing

The incident happened at 21 Ajeniya Street in the Obalende area of Lagos. The girl was taken by her mother to a woman recognized as Raliat Opuoro to work as a house help. She allegedly stole N350,000 and admit to the police that her mother had given her orders to steal the woman’s money.

The girl said in her confession: "My mother took me to the complainant to assist her because she was suffering from eye sight related problems with the instructions by my mother that anytime I come I across my madam’s money I should steal it and bring it to her. And when my madam dropped a bag containing money in her room I stole it and handed it over to my mother. I did not know how to steal before, but my mother tutored me to commit the crime and I promise not to steal again."


The girl took the police to her mother who was recognized as Tope Hassan. The woman was arrested but she later denied collecting any money from her daughter. The duo was arraigned at the Igbosere Magistrates Court in the state on two counts of stealing and receiving. The girl pleaded guilty to the crime but her mother pleaded not guilty. The magistrate granted the mother bail in the sum of N10,000 and two sureties in like sum while the girl was ordered to be remanded at the Children’s Correctional Centre at Idi-Araba, Surulere, Lagos

No comments:

Post a Comment